Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break and test scores

Well I am finally feeling better. I am not coughing too much anymore and glad to have most of my energy back. Especially since it is spring break and Clay is home from school for 10 days. 7 more to go. He had us put two fake nails on him today. Morgan had a couple of friends over and they put fake nails on so he wanted a couple. LOL
A friend from co-op shared with me that her 18 year old daughter moved in with her 26 year old boy friend. She of course is devastated. She has been on my mind ever since her mom shared with me. I had talked to this girl before about some choices she was making and I shared with her how as a teenager I made some poor choices and I just prayed that she would seek the Lord before she did anything. She told me over and over again how she could not wait until she was 18 so that she could do whatever she wanted to do. It just breaks my heart.
Cole got his test results back from the ACT. He did not do well at all. He has such a poor attitude about it. He just keeps on saying "well I can take it as many times as I want" I hope that it will sink in that he needs to be serious about it and buckle down and study and also he needs to take advantage of the accommodations that I got him and not try to prove that he can do everything at the same pace that others can. He is just not serious about anything except world of warcraft. He seems to have a lot of ambitions in life but has no clue how much work and determination it is going to take him to achieve his goals. I want so much for him to do well in school and life but I am having a really hard time with it because he seems to not even want to put forth any effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment