Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back to school and just life

Clay went back to school today. Last night he was stressed. He kept telling me he had food poisoning. And then he scratched himself with something all over his chest and stomach and told me it was a rash (which he gets often). But this morning other than waking up early and wanting alot of attention he was okay. He told me Ms. Z (special Ed teacher) would give him the talk. I ask he what the talk was he said it was the Suspension Talk. I asked him what it was he looked at me and said I don't know this is the first time I have been suspended duh!!! LOL

Cole is in the middle of taking his ACT. He got special testing because of his sever dyslexia. He will take the math part on Friday and finish the rest next Wednesday. We need to buckle down and study. He has been doing really well working on it but, now that life is a little back to normal (what is normal I am not sure) we can really work on it.

Clay's community worker told me last week that the teachers at his school thought I was a pushover with him. It really upset me. It is just so different at home than it is at school. At school he has so many resources at home he has 3 teenage sibilings and a mom who tries her best, but does not want to make everything a battle. I did make him go the the Rebound program yesterday. He was not too happy about it but I told him if they called me and told me he had coorperated that I would pick him up early. He was a perfect little gentleman they told me. :)

God continues to show me what a need there is for education of not only students but teachers and administrators too when it comes to kids with neurological deficits. Just because a child "looks normal" does not mean that there are no problems. And I am just not sure what kindof education they get on the multiple problems that can occur. Someday I would like to be able to use my experience to help other families in similar situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment