Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tooth, Nose and Woes

Okay it has been a while since I have had time to post. Clay is doing well this week. He will be taking his first standardized testing next week. He is taking an alternate assessment (his teacher will read it all to him and he has 5 days to take it instead of 1). It should be interesting to see how he does. He probably will do great on the comprehension he is really strong in it.

Cole finished his ACT today. I think he was very happy to get it over with. I know I was glad for him. He is not sure how he did. I am just proud of him for having the gusto to work on it at home to prepare.

For me I have an abscessed tooth. To top that off I am going to have to have my first root canal and two crowns. Yuck. I really hate the dentist. But I know I need to have it done. The dentist gave me Lortab and I am really feeling fuzzy today but not in pain. I also had a thing removed off my nose yesterday. It has been there for several years but has really been bothering me the last year. This is the third one I have had removed the other two were benine I am sure this one will be too. Our dishwasher broke last week. I am really missing it. Aren't we spoiled with all our convienceses?

My biggest woe is a good friend who has really upset me. I guess she has been upset with me for a couple of weeks because she called and I did not call her back. I guess I am not really upset about it but more bothered. I remember when Morgan told me she called but I did not have time that day to talk and the next day was the day I put my dad in the hospital. I tried to explain to her about my dad and Clay and everything but she told me that I was a failure as a friend. It reminded me of Jr High. I really wanted to say I have been thru JH once, brought 2 kids thru it and am in the middle of it with #3. Been there done that and I do not want to do it again. This is not the first time that she has gotten upset with me over what I call JH stuff. I have tried to explain to her my desire to focus on my family and that this season in life puts them in the center of my life and that is about all I have time for but she just does not seem to get it. I know that God will provide a clear answer because the Bible tells me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment